05 September, 2026

The Reverend Will the Thrill Presents The Album of the Week! (One From the Vault!)

Due to other things going on, I haven't had a chance to write anything new, although not for lack of having something to say.  I will do my best to return next week.  In the meantime, I wanted to share one from the past.  I wrote the following on Facebook on 27 January, 2024.  I found myself listening to the album again yesterday and consequently found myself feeling the same things I felt then.  It's interesting how some things stick with you like that, even years after the fact...

 

I hope everyone had a good holiday season. I must admit, I'm returning to these a little later than I had initially planned. It's been an odd couple of weeks and I'm in a bit of a funk. Everything's been happening all at once and our recent spate of winter weather pushed me closer to the edge than I like to get and it certainly did my joints no favours. Maybe... possibly... perhaps, it pushed me close to the edge because it did my joints no favours... just guessing.

During my absence from these weekly missives, I've discovered some new titles, some of which I'm sure I'll be sharing in the upcoming weeks, and I've been revisiting some "old friends" that I hadn't listened to in their entirety for some time.

One of those "old friends" is the album I'll be sharing with you this week. At some point during the holidays, I went through a period of binge-listening the artist in question. Some of the songs on one album in particular kind of hit me in a certain way. I didn't just hear them—I felt them. On some level, I'm still feeling them, especially (tonight) the title track... that's been happening a lot lately. So this week please enjoy John Hiatt with his 2001 album, The Tiki Bar Is Open .

Until next week, stay safe, be good to your neighbours, and please remember that if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

Yours in peace, love, and rock and roll!

The Reverend Will the Thrill

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment